KVSC-FM is an educational public radio station licensed to St. Cloud State University. The station is student-run and operates 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. Feel free to contact the KVSC staff with your comments and questions.
KVSC-FM has a power of 16,500 watts with a listening radius of about 70 miles. The station's frequency is 88.1 MHz, first on your FM dial.
KVSC-FM offers a blend of progressive rock, jazz, folk, reggae, world, blues, Minnesota music, and much more. KVSC has a wide variety of news programming which includes coverage of University, local & state wide events. Your Sound Alternative also has extensive sports coverage of SCSU Husky Athletics. You should check out the KVSC Program Guide for more details!
KVSC-FM offers the listener an alternative format without all the irritating commercial interruptions, freeing you to enjoy the diverse music and programming the station has to offer. KVSC's award winning format provides you with:
- A 24 hour outlet for music styles long ignored by commercial radio stations.
- A forum for the discussion of current political and social issues.
- An extension of university resources for the community.
- Access to the airwaves for local artists.
- Multicultural programming to meet the needs of a more racially and ethnically diverse society and community.
- Comprehensive news, information, and sports - highlighting St. Cloud State University and the St. Cloud area.
- Information on area happenings, such as concerts, sporting events, movies and community events.
- Free training for anyone interested in radio broadcasting, advertising, public relations, and management skills.
Subscribe to what interests you. More information about podcasts and software.