1. When did you get involved with 88.1 FM?
2. What show(s) do you currently host on KVSC and what programs have you hosted in the past?
Tuesday, Morning Show Part 2 from 9am until noon. Afternoon Progressive Rock Show, Sisters, Diversions, Noon NewsWatch, 4pm News Edition, Alternative 13, and Crispy Bacon New Music Showcase.
3. Please list some of the artists and musicians you consider to be a must play on your show(s)?
Pinback, Wilco, Cake, Cold War Kids, Kings of Leon, Morphine, Jeremy Messersmith, Pop Vultures, Feist, Discovery, Bon Iver, The Black Keys, Bassnectar, Beck, The Decemberists, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Modest Mouse, Atmosphere, tUnE-yArDs, and there is oh so many more that I love!
4. Why are you involved with independent community radio at 88.1 FM?
I got introduced to KVSC back in the early 90s and ever since then I have been a committed listener. I have been involved with music in one form or another for my entire life. I decided to become a DJ partly because I love the delicious and eclectic music of the station, partly because I have appreciated and wanted to actively participate alongside them with their commitment and involvement in the local community, and partly because my late stepfather was a DJ for over 30 years and I wanted to honor him.
5. What is in your personal CD player, iPod, or mp3 right now (BE HONEST)?
Well, I still rock the DiscMan, but when I switch out my CDs you can probably get a glimsp of Pinback, Bon Iver, Radical Face, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, and my cousin’s awesome band Pop Vultures.
6. Please disclose the most embarrassing music moment or concert you’ve attended or album you’ve bought (perhaps even shameful)?
I took my cousin to a Weird Al Yankovik concert when he performed at SCSU for his birthday, but I’m not embarrassed. He put on a phenomenal show with dozens of costume changes!
7. What are your hobbies and interests?
I write poetry, music, short stories, and plays. I enjoy singing, reading, crossword puzzles, cards, camping, spending time with my family and friends, and advocacy.
8. When you are not at work or KVSC, where can you most likely be found?
Visiting my friends and family, especially my Grandma.
9. If it were the end of the world and you could only take five things with you, what would they be (BE HONEST)?
Photos of my loved ones, my personal library, a journal, a pencil, and satellite radio.
10.What do you think is the future of radio?
I believe that more people will begin to appreciate independent and community radio and the diverse and interesting programming that it provides. I think that more people will turn away from the main stream radio with all the satellite radio available.