1. When and why did you get involved with 88.1FM?
Mid –July 2008. I turned on the radio when I was moving in…there was The Voice of Saint Cloud! I contacted the training department, completed training & was on the air. The greatest stroke of luck was that Thriving on a Riff needed a host.
2. What show(s) do you currently host on KVSC?
Thriving on a Riff: The Sunday Jazz Show. I also do fill-ins when my work schedule allows. I especially love doing Diversions during Summer Break.
3. Please list some of the artists and musicians that you consider a must play on your show(s).
I select from the whole range of Jazz. To help insure variety, I play as many artists whose birthdays are in the coming week as I can find in our library. Then I fill out the program with the greats: Armstrong, Ella, Mingus, Monk & Miles, Parker, Coltrane & Gillespie, Brubeck, The Great American songbook, emerging artists, new greats & I’m always interested in new standards (the group, too). And of course, requests.
4. What music do you listen to when you’re not tuned into KVSC?
Blues, old R&B, Album Rock, and of course…Jazz
5. What is the most embarrassing (perhaps even shameful) music phase you have gone through?
6. What are your hobbies and/ or interests?
Radio is one of my hobbies, as is making amazing organic, gluten free baked stuff and other great food. Storytelling, puppetry and mask work are my special interests in Theatre.
7. When you are not at work or KVSC where can you most likely be found?
The Performing Arts Center at SCSU, where I am the Costume Studio Director.
8. What’s the most challenging part of being a radio DJ?
Staying at least two to three steps ahead of what’s on air.
9. What would you like to be doing in five years?
Thriving on a Riff. Creating more devised Theatre, making more puppets and masks!