1. When did you get involved with 88.1 FM?
2. What show(s) do you currently host on KVSC and what programs have you hosted in the past?
I am currently the host of Beats and Pieces on Friday nights from 10pm to 2am. I began as a host for Monday morning show part 1. I did Diversions on Wednesdays and the Abstractions show before it went away.
3. Please list some of the artists and musicians you consider to be a must play on your show(s)?
The Orb, Add N to X and Buraka son Sistema are a few of my favorites but I love variety and finding new hidden gems.
4. Why are you involved with independent community radio at 88.1 FM?
The diverse music they have available, the freedom to play the music I want to hear and so I can say that I am a DJ on the FM airwaves and live to the world through the internet.
5. What is in your personal CD player, iPod, or mp3 right now (BE HONEST)?
One of my own mixes: DJ Sparky and the Random Band- Random Sounds. On my turntable is an orange vinyl “I’ve got a lovely bunch of coconuts” by Art Gentry and The Riddlers with Scott Fisher’s Pile Drivers.
6. Please disclose the most embarrassing music moment or concert you’ve attended or album you’ve bought (perhaps even shameful)?
I sang R.E.M.’s “It’s the end of the world as we know it (and I feel fine)” with a live band. I got every word right but was way faster than the band. So I started the chorus before the band had finished the verse.
7. What are your hobbies and interests?
Painting, drawing, mixing and scratching, collecting vinyl (over 500), hiking, biking, gardening and video games.
8. When you are not at work or KVSC, where can you most likely be found?
At home in Birdland playing games or mixing records.
9. If it were the end of the world and you could only take five things with you, what would they be (BE HONEST)?
My wife, my 2 cats, a laptop and a hat.
10. What do you think is the future of radio?
Live streaming internet radio. KVSC.org