1. When and why did you get involved with 88.1FM?
A little bit when I was going to school from 1989 – 1993, read the news, and wrote some news stories. March, 2009 is when I started DJing regularly again.
2. What show(s) do you currently host on KVSC?
Eclectic Breakfast on Sunday’s from 6am – 9am. Best show there is because I get to play anything I want: Alternative Rock, Classic Rock, Blues, Hip Hop, Reggae, and more. There is always some vinyl mixed in as well.
3. Please list some of the artists and musicians that you consider a must play on your show(s).
Matthew Sweet, The Donnas, Sahara Hotnights, Depeche Mode, Pet Shop Boys, Simple Minds, Johnny Clueless, and Tina & the B-Sides are some of my favorites. I try to mix them up so I don’t have them on every show.
4. What music do you listen to when you’re not tuned into KVSC?
Wide range: Duran Duran, Gwen Stefani, Matthew Sweet, Alannah Myles, Candy Dulfer, The Devils, Weird Al, Bachelor Girl, Johnny Clueless, Faith No More, Roxette, 3-Doors Down, Depeche Mode, Hall & Oates, Save Ferris, Paramore, No Doubt, Lita Ford, John Taylor, A-Ha, Sena Ehrhardt, Samantha Fish, Tin Machine, and lots of 80s stuff, especially one hit wonders.
5. What is the most embarrassing (perhaps even shameful) music phase you have gone through?
Not sure that I have one. I like the artists I like and don’t really care if people make fun of them or me for listening to them.
6. What are your hobbies and/ or interests?
Too Many! Playing table tops games, reading, listening to music (especially vinyl), collecting autographed memorabilia (running out of wall space in my house), playing volleyball & softball, and playing trombone.
7. When you are not at work or KVSC where can you most likely be found?
All over. I am not at home much between KVSC, St. Cloud Municipal Band, SCSU Sports Band and attending various concerts and events on the weekends.
8. What’s the most challenging part of being a radio DJ?
Keeping up with all the new technology. Things are always changing at KVSC with how we need to do things. Sometimes I think it was easier back when I was in school and we had to splice tape, played mostly records and carts.
9. What would you like to be doing in five years?
Living on my own private island. I joke with my wife that I am going to win the lottery and then buy and island and go live away from all the hassle of everyday life with our dog Lola. I have enough books and dvds to keep me entertained for the rest of my life.