1. When and why did you get involved with 88.1FM?
I finished training in September 1994 because I finally listened to the people who had told me I should do it for the five years prior to that. They were right!
2. What show(s) do you currently host on KVSC?
As of 2018 I am solely focused on Undercurrents Punk Rock (since 1994),though I’ve subbed on The Root Cellar, Ritmos Latinos and occasional others.
3. Please list some of the artists and musicians that you consider a must playon your show(s).
Those who have limited exposure but something of substance to say, e.g., 7 Seconds, New Model Army, Blackfire; also, local/self-produced and -released punk rock always gets at least a mention. WOMEN!
4. What music do you listen to when you’re not tuned into KVSC?
Classic country (pre-80’s, generally), some reggae, just about anything played live. Otis Redding, Joan Jett, P!nk, Elvis.
5. What is the most embarrassing (perhaps even shameful ) music phase you have gone through?
I’ve made peace with most of my musical moments – shame is something you allow others to put on you. Except maybe knowing too many Grateful Dead song lyrics.
6. What are your hobbies and/ or interests?
Punk Rock. Roller Derby (NSRD and SCAR Dolls fo’ life!). Playing music. Languages… including English. My sweet mama!
7. When you are not at work or KVSC where can you most likely be found?
At a burlesque show or asleep (gathering strength to take my lady to a burlesque show).
8. What’s the most challenging part of being a radio DJ ?
Being prepared enough to sound knowledgeable without going too far or sounding scripted. Sometimes… talking.
9. What would you like to be doing in five years?
Whatever my wife needs me to be doing. And Undercurrents Punk Rock Show (the two are not always compatible).