Jun 20, 2022

Kitchen Fire in St. Cloud Group Home Causes $20,000 in Damage

By Jo McMullen / KVSC reporter

Four people were displaced after a fire in a group home in St. Cloud last Friday afternoon.

The St. Cloud Fire Department was called to the group home, located at 1400 12th Ave North, shortly after 12:30 p.m. with a report of a stovetop cooking fire in the kitchen. The fire had moved to the microwave above the stove and to some cabinets.

Firefighters contained the fire to the kitchen, but there was smoke damage throughout the home. No one was injured, but the damage is estimated at $20,000 from the accidental fire.

Thank You Underwriters