1. When and why did you get involved with 88.1 FM
I got involved with KVSC in the summer of 2023. I’ve known about and admired the station for a long time, in part because my alma mater college radio station, WWSP-FM in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, also has a major Trivia Weekend. I was truly honored to be offered the Station Manager position at KVSC.
2. What show(s) do you currently host on KVSC?
I’m mostly the utility player of the airwaves, filling in wherever I can be most helpful.
3. Please list some of the artists and musicians that you consider a must-play on your show(s).
There’s so much amazing music in the station, so I try hard to mix it up. That noted, I’m always itching to add Sleater-Kinney, the Replacements, and Robyn Hitchcock to the playlist.
4. What music do you listen to when you’re not tuned into KVSC?
My music collection is all over the place, but the sort of artists that are automatic adds to the KVSC music library are also the ones I seek out first in my favorite independently owned record stores.
5. What is the most embarrassing (perhaps even shameful) music phase you have gone through?
Is this the spot where I confess to owning every last studio album by Billy Joel, as well as the records made by his earlier bands the Hassles and Atilla? Probably.
6. What are your hobbies and/or interests?
I spend a lot of time reading, cooking, and doting on the pooches in our household. I try to write just about every day.
7. When you are not at work or KVSC where can you most likely be found?
Pretty good chance I’ll be plopped down in front of a movie somewhere.
8. What’s the most challenging part of being a radio DJ?
There’s always more music I want to play than I can get to in a shift, no matter how long that shift is.
9. What would you like to be doing in five years?
Being at KVSC sounds good to me.