1. When and why did you get involved with 88.1FM?
I got involved with KV summer of ’17, I started PSEO in the fall and always have wanted to be on the radio, so I decided to get in touch. I have loved it ever since !
2. What show(s) do you currently host on KVSC?
I don’t have a specific show at the moment because my schedule is insane but, I fill in for the Morning Shows and Diversions from time to time.
3. Please list some of the artists and musicians that you consider a must play on your show(s).
Remo Drive, Kurt Vile, Courtney Barnett, Childish Gambino, Pickwick, Mac DeMarco, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes, depends on my mood.
4. What music do you listen to when you’re not tuned into KVSC?
Pretty much everything that’s not country. Anything from jazz to screamo. Some fav music is The Wonder Years, Kendrick Lamar, Green Day, and early 00’s Muse. Pop Punk is a go-to genre for me.
5. What is the most embarrassing (perhaps even shameful) music phase you have gone through?
Probably either dubstep (skrillex), or getting really into "scenecore" like sleeping with sirens or black veil brides. I can still jam to any of that though, not really embarassed per say.
6. What are your hobbies and/ or interests?
Anything with music! I love playing guitar and a bunch o’ other instruments. I also really like recording and producing music. Otherwise I enjoy theatre and being in speech. Also memes.
7. When you are not at work or KVSC where can you most likely be found?
Usually working at Caribou or somewhere working on music stuff.
8. What’s the most challenging part of being a radio DJ?
Trying to appeal to the masses and not just playing what you want.
9. What would you like to be doing in five years?
I’m planning on being a music teacher, and also doing some radio jobs and music production/engineering on the side. I would be very happy with that.