1. When and why did you get involved with 88.1FM?
– I got involved in November of 2021, I heard there were a lot of opportunities downstairs, and I was slightly frustrated with the lack of on air positions at UTVS. I want to add to my resume of Play-by-Play gigs overall, as calling sports live is my passion, but I love working on air for shows and I love music. This seems like the best spot for me to accomplish what I want while I’m at school.
2. What show(s) do you currently host on KVSC?
– I host 9 to noon on Mondays and Fridays and I do news every Monday at 4 pm.
3. Please list some of the artists and musicians that you consider a must play on your show(s).
– I absolutely love Car Seat Headrest, great Indie Rock act. One of my favorite bands ever, but if I hear something for the first time on KVSC that I like, I’ll always keep that in mind if I need to add songs.
4. What music do you listen to when you’re not tuned into KVSC?
– I listen to a lot of hip hop, alternative hip hop, indie, indie rock, shoegaze, and much more.
5. What is the most embarrassing (perhaps even shameful) music phase you have gone through?
– Tough to say, probably EDM, but I was a bit younger so I’ll cut younger me a little bit of slack. Can’t listen to EDM nowadays though.
6. What are your hobbies and/ or interests?
– Big into listening to music and talking about music, even though I can’t play any instruments. I absolutely love sports, I’ve been doing Play-by-Play, Color, and even filming games since High School. I’ve known that I’ve wanted to be a Play-by-Play broadcaster since I was very little.
7. When you are not at work or KVSC where can you most likely be found?
– A few spots; Stewart Hall in class, Shoemaker Hall W-306, or maybe even Atwood to play some billiards or bowling with friends every once in a while.
8. What’s the most challenging part of being a radio DJ?
– Not getting flustered after making one mistake, and making slide Mic 1 down and Enco up all in one smooth motion.
9. What would you like to be doing in five years?
– Probably graduated with a job as a Play-by-Play broadcaster and/or a show that’s most likely audio based, like a radio show or a show that syndicated on TV and Radio, although that’s probably something for much further down the road.