1. When and why did you get involved with 88.1 FM
I first came down to the station in September 2021. It seemed incredible that I could just walk in and eventually be on air!
2. What show(s) do you currently host on KVSC?
Nothing regular currently, as my schedule doesn’t allow for it. I occasionally sub in but I hope to be back on regularly eventually!
3. Please list some of the artists and musicians that you consider a must-play on your show(s).
The 1975 usually comes as a top pick, but I also love dropping in some LCD Soundsystem or Cake to mix things up a bit. I’ve also been known to play Gorillaz, Weezer, French 79, Sam Fender, Jamie T, and others.
4. What music do you listen to when you’re not tuned into KVSC?
A good variety of music, but mainly from recent times and usually not including country or metal.
5. What is the most embarrassing (perhaps even shameful) music phase you have gone through?
When I was in high school, it was Skillet/Volbeat and adjacent artists. I totally cringe hearing them now.
6. What are your hobbies and/or interests?
I’m a licensed pilot and a licensed racing driver at the club level. I also simrace a lot at home when I can’t be out doing the real thing.
7. When you are not at work or KVSC where can you most likely be found?
Either on campus for class or at home! I don’t go out a ton.
8. What’s the most challenging part of being a radio DJ?
Finding new stuff to play! When I get pulled in by a handful of artists, I really get absorbed and my variety can suffer. Thankfully we have a strong rotation at the station ready for me to use.
9. What would you like to be doing in five years?
Working a job I enjoy that gives me the work/life balance I need! I’m not that picky, it just needs to be sustainable.