1. When and why did you get involved with 88.1FM?
I started at the end of 2021. I love music and KVSC is super helpful for gaining experience in radio.
2. What show(s) do you currently host on KVSC?
Any that I can, I like to bounce around. Like my taste in music, I play a bit of everything.
3. Please list some of the artists and musicians that you consider a must play on your show(s).
The Killers, Matchbox Twenty, Avril Lavigne will most likely end up on at some point. Bon Jovi, Foo Fighters and The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus are also likely candidates to show up as well.
4. What music do you listen to when you’re not tuned into KVSC?
A shorter answer would be what don’t I listen to. I can go from listening to a new pop song to a 90s punk rock band (favorites), a country song, then go to blues, disco, and just to mix it up even more, an early 2000 boy band or girl group. Walk the Moon, Panic! At the Disco, Green Day, any of the artists listed above, No Doubt, NSYNC, Fun., The Temptations, and Paramore and just a few of the top of my head. Elton John, The Beatles, Kelly Clarkson, Post Malone, and Fall Out Boy are also somewhere in my mixtape of life too.
5. What is the most embarrassing (perhaps even shameful) music phase you have gone through?
I have always listened to everything, even when I was little.
6. What are your hobbies and/ or interests?
Music, obviously otherwise what would I be doing at a radio station? I also like being outside and hiking, reading, and hanging out with my friends.
7. When you are not at work or KVSC where can you most likely be found?
Currently? Probably the library studying… When I have the time out hiking trails or playing with my adorable dog.
8. What’s the most challenging part of being a radio DJ?
Talking to people through the mic without actually talking TO the people. You know people are there and listening, but you don’t get their side of the conversation.
9. What would you like to be doing in five years?
Graduated for sure, working on something in the news/media field in either Chicago or Denver. I’ll be honest, I have no idea past that.