KVSC’s 44th annual Trivia Weekend is February 17-19. All rise as Trivia on Trial will challenge competitors for 40-hours of testimony! We’re welcoming first-ever teams and teams that have a long legacy of playing in Your Sound Alternative’s cabin-fever busting contest.
Important Logistics to Help You Prepare:
- Team registrations is now open online and at the KVSC studios (Stewart Hall, SCSU, basement level, room 27).
- You can learn more about the contest’s history, rules to play, and how to volunteer on the phone hotlines.
- The contest starts at 5 p.m. on Friday and the mind-marathon will wrap at 7 p.m. Sunday.
- Questions will be live on air and streamed for 40 hours. Trivia volunteers and writers are taking a break from 2 a.m. to 7 a.m. overnight from Friday to Saturday and Saturday to Sunday. The live hosted contest will go dark at this time.
- Teams should expect enhanced ‘overnight activities’ to keep you busy, and sleepy!
- Visual Trivia images will be available in-advance of the contest for teams to investigate.
- The Trivia Hotline Volunteers will have the option to participate virtually and in person.
- There will be both an in-person live Awards Ceremony and online option from the Ritsche Auditorium at SCSU.
- The Shake a Hamster Band, KVSC’s beloved house band for the weekend is performing FOR THEIR LAST CALL at the Red Carpet Nightclub on Sunday, Feb. 19th. It’s the trivia after- party, detoxify with the Hamsters! You must attend as special Hamsters of yesteryear will be making appearances.
Thank you to Wesley Beskar and Derrick Silvestri for their talented design work, we’re so smitten with this design. Speaking of these two gentleman in the television world–UTVS-Television plans coverage of Trivia on Trial.