Fatal St. Cloud House Fire Ruled Accidental
11/29/2012 - 11:15 AM
According to the St. Cloud Fire Department, a house fire that killed a St. Cloud man on Saturday, November 24th has officially been ruled as accidental in nature and the investigation is closed.
The fire happened at 520 8th Avenue South.
The fire had started in the kitchen and extended throughout the walls, ceilings, and roof of the home. On Thursday, November 27th an Electrical Engineer determined that two rear burners on the electric stovetop were in the on position and operating at the time of the fire.
A disabled smoke alarm was found on a shelf in the victim’s upstairs bedroom with the battery removed. Alcohol is believed to have been a contributing factor.
23-year-old Kyle Kopischke was found dead in the house on Saturday morning. The other renter, 22-year-old Kevin Matthew Murphy of St. Cloud was treated for his injuries the night of the incident.
Women's Hockey vs
Wisconsin (Sports Stream)
Oct 16, 2015 - 3:00
Men's Hockey vs
Oct 16, 2015 - 7:37
Oct 17, 2015 - 1:00
Subscribe to what interests you. More information about podcasts and software.