Stearns County To Receive Funds From FEMA For Safe Room At Melrose Mobile Home Park
04/11/2014 - 2:10 AM
The U.S Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has released funds to Stearns County through the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) for the construction of a safe room at Melrose Mobile Home Park.
Andrew Velasquez III, regional administrator of FEMA Region V, says the construction of the safe room will protect the lives of vulnerable citizens by providing a secure location to seek shelter from tornados and other high wind events.
Through the funds, FEMA will be paying $80,795, or 75% of the project costs, while Stearns County will contribute to the remaining 25% which totals $26,932.
Sep 03, 2015 - 6:00
Souwthwest Minnesota St.
Sep 19, 2015 - 1:00
Women's Hockey vs
Minnesota White Caps (Sports Stream)
Sep 26, 2015 - 7:00
Subscribe to what interests you. More information about podcasts and software.